Zodlikeproductions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc.

+14
Böhse Tante
ShockJock
Kentus
hillbilly
Pirata
N.O.S.
KneelB4Zod!
Stand_Sure_Anderson
FoShizzle
Libertine
Gavin
Matjaz
Mr Badger
The Original Mind
18 posters

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc. - Page 4 Empty Re: The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc.

Post by M9872367 Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:19 am

Off the scale! Brits to SIZZLE in 37C African roast with hottest day EVER

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/718179/BBC-weather-UK-heatwave-hot-7-10-day-forecast-how-hot-where-July-Jamaica

Other sources say this will continue all the way through until the Autumn. Swimmers are being warning against going in the sea due to massive swarms of jellyfish invading the coasts.

Could make the two thousand excess UK heat related deaths (35000 across Europe) in 2003 seem tiny by comparison.

M9872367

Back to top Go down

The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc. - Page 4 Empty Re: The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc.

Post by UK AC Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:24 am

Could make the two thousand excess UK heat related deaths (35000 across Europe) in 2003 seem tiny by comparison.

I get hot just thinking about how hot that summer was. The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc. - Page 4 1619689188

UK AC

Back to top Go down

Post by Matjaz Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:18 pm

UK AC wrote:

I get hot just thinking about how hot that summer was. The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc. - Page 4 1619689188

Its hot and humid over here which results in violent but short storms. And they are coming at us almost on weekly basis now. Yesterday storm was raising roof tops in my city and we had hail in some places. My roof was okay but when I got home I found whole garden in disarray and my champion two meter plant on the ground. Root is broken but its so big already it will heal in couple days. I just raised her back up and support the main branches.
Matjaz
Matjaz

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:34 pm

"This is not a new world, it is simply an extension of what began in the old one. It has patterned itself after every dictator who has ever planted the ripping imprint of a boot on the pages of history since the beginning of time. It has refinements, technological advances, and a more sophisticated approach to the destruction of human freedom. But like every one of the super-states that preceded it, it has one iron rule: logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." - "The Obsolete Man" - The Twilight Zone, 1961

"I assure you, ladies and gentlemen that, very soon history will show that we and our allies have fought a war on behalf of the whole world against terrorism supported by governments that will be held accountable by its own people..."
Quoting Dostoyevsky:
"Rest assured, hell is big enough for all. It doesn't deserve this fierce competition over who will be the worst." - Dr. Bashar Jaafari, UNSC session, 22nd of February, 2018
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

http://zodlikeproductions.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gavin Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:38 pm

Wildly meandering jet stream is the cause of the warm and dry weather in parts of Europe, and in particular the Nordic countries transporting hot air up directly from Africa.

The jet stream pattern is typical of cooling climate.

Windmap at 250 HPa

Meanwhile in Australia it has been record cold with sub zero degrees all over.

The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc. - Page 4 DiJWbCaX0AEZfc4
Gavin
Gavin

Back to top Go down

Post by UK AC Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:07 pm

Its hot and humid over here which results in violent but short storms. And they are coming at us almost on weekly basis now. Yesterday storm was raising roof tops in my city and we had hail in some places. My roof was okay but when I got home I found whole garden in disarray and my champion two meter plant on the ground. Root is broken but its so big already it will heal in couple days. I just raised her back up and support the main branches.

As the old saying goes, time to bring the tomato 'champion' plant in. Smile

UK AC

Back to top Go down

Post by UK AC Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:16 pm

Japan heatwave: Temperature breaks national record

Temperatures in Japan have hit a record high, with officials issuing a fresh warning to stay safe.

Japan has for days been in the grip of a deadly heatwave, although the numbers killed vary widely from 15 to as high as 40.

On Monday, the thermometer peaked at 41.1C (106F) in Kumagaya, near Tokyo, breaking the previous national record of 41C from 2013.

More than a dozen cities have seen temperatures of around 40C.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44921834

So that's record temps this summer in parts of USA, Japan and probably Europe too if it hasn't here already.

UK AC

Back to top Go down

Post by Matjaz Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:18 pm

UK AC wrote:

As the old saying goes, time to bring the tomato 'champion' plant in. Smile

The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc. - Page 4 1619689188

Its still two months two go, hasn't even started to bloom yet geek

But broken branch heals and in the end gets much stronger, its good thing for when the weight of tomatoes will start to push them down Smile
Matjaz
Matjaz

Back to top Go down

Post by M9872367 Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:22 pm

Britain prepares for national emergency after amber heatwave warning issued

http://www.heart.co.uk/news/weather/heatwave-amber-warning-met-office/

M9872367

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:32 am

"This is not a new world, it is simply an extension of what began in the old one. It has patterned itself after every dictator who has ever planted the ripping imprint of a boot on the pages of history since the beginning of time. It has refinements, technological advances, and a more sophisticated approach to the destruction of human freedom. But like every one of the super-states that preceded it, it has one iron rule: logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." - "The Obsolete Man" - The Twilight Zone, 1961

"I assure you, ladies and gentlemen that, very soon history will show that we and our allies have fought a war on behalf of the whole world against terrorism supported by governments that will be held accountable by its own people..."
Quoting Dostoyevsky:
"Rest assured, hell is big enough for all. It doesn't deserve this fierce competition over who will be the worst." - Dr. Bashar Jaafari, UNSC session, 22nd of February, 2018
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:18 am

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:20 am

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:19 pm

AccuWeather
@breakingweather
9 min.
A magnitude 5.6 #earthquake just occurred off the coast of Oregon and California, according to the USGS. The epicenter was approximately 156 miles WNW of Eureka, California. A #tsunami is NOT expected.

The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc. - Page 4 Di4Rdj8XsAUD_EV

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by UK AC Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:36 pm

Drought crisis 2018 latest:

NETHERLANDS DROUGHT RECORD SOON TO BE BROKEN

https://nltimes.nl/2018/07/23/netherlands-drought-record-soon-broken

Severe drought threatens wild horses in American West: ‘Every animal in the desert is dying from thirst’

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/wild-horses-drought-weather-heat-desert-us-west-colorado-nevada-a8460766.html

It is the driest season in 116 years for parts of NSW, South Australia and Victoria - 'It's so dry the kangaroos are drinking out the dog bowl'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5986895/Grant-Denyer-labels-conditions-NSW-drought-critical.html

Severe drought ‘looms’ as Met Office warns Brits to stay indoors as temperatures sizzle to 33C

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6848139/weather-heatwave-drought-met-office-environment-agency/

Indonesia: Drought hits hundreds of Central Java villages

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2018/07/23/drought-hits-hundreds-of-central-java-villages.html

Afghanistan faces worst drought in decades, as UN warns 1.4 million people need help

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/07/22/afghanistan-faces-worst-drought-decades-un-warns-14m-need-help/

UK AC

Back to top Go down

Post by UK AC Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:21 pm

Greece wildfires: At least 74 dead as blaze 'struck like flamethrower'

Survivors of the wildfires that have killed at least 74 people in Greece have described how they were forced into the sea by a blaze that "struck like a flamethrower".

"The flames were chasing us all the way to the water," said one victim.

Meanwhile, the bodies of 26 adults and children who apparently died hugging each other were found close to the sea.

After the 26 bodies were found in an open space, Nikos Economopoulos, head of Greece's Red Cross, said: "They had tried to find an escape route but unfortunately these people and their kids didn't make it in time. Instinctively, seeing the end nearing, they embraced."

Hundreds of firefighters have been battling the flames, which have been fanned by winds of up to 60mph (100km/h) and have devastated the seaside village of Mati, engulfing homes and vehicles.

One survivor, Nikos Stavrinidis, told ABC News that despite the air-conditioning in his car, he could still feel the heat from outside as he travelled on a highway.

"We were driving along the road going into smoke, then all-of-a-sudden the flames were at the side of the car," he said, adding: "All the houses on the hill beside the highway were completely burnt out."

George Vokas, whose family also escaped by sea, told BBC News that two women he had tried to help had died.

"We're talking about a biblical catastrophe in this wonderful area of Mati," he said.

Charred bodies lay just 15m (50ft) from the sea, photographer Pantelis Saitas told the Athens-Macedonian News Agency.

Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras has declared three days of national mourning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44941934

It burned and spread so fast that victims couldn't even make it that 15 metres further to get to the sea and escape?

The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc. - Page 4 8zd54

UK AC

Back to top Go down

Post by koos Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:04 pm

just check the photos, completely burned cars next to smoked trees

Don't look familiar?

koos

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:13 pm

koos wrote:just check the photos, completely burned cars next to smoked trees

Don't look familiar?

Similar pictures were captured in Portugal if I'm not wrong.

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:16 pm

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M9872367 Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:41 pm

The UK is set to be battered by shock thunderstorms and torrential rain over the weekend, as scorching heatwave conditions spark more extreme weather.

“We haven’t seen this for quite some time.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/993691/BBC-weather-forecast-UK-news-Met-Office-this-week-heatwave-rain

This could be quite somethng!

Heatwave FIRE warning: London at risk of ‘CATASTROPHIC’ infernos caused by hot weather

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/718639/UK-weather-heatwave-London-fires-Met-Office-warning

M9872367

Back to top Go down

Post by N.O.S. Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:22 pm

In Serbia we got the fucken' monsoons. I do not remember a more humid summer in recent years than this one. At first we had real hot and dry droughty weather in the spring. From experience, something told me if summer temps start too early, the real summer might be moist, and my worst expectations came true.

The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc. - Page 4 Airpla10
N.O.S.
N.O.S.

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:29 pm

N.O.S. wrote:In Serbia we got the fucken' monsoons. I do not remember a more humid summer in recent years than this one. At first we had real hot and dry droughty weather in the spring. From experience, something told me if summer temps start too early, the real summer might be moist, and my worst expectations came true.

The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc. - Page 4 Airpla10

Here it's still hot as hell, little to non rainy days. And if there are some then it causes flash floodings. It goes on back to May or maybe even longer. The winter was one of of the warmest in history I think.

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pirata Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:32 pm

Berlin city has an incredible summer.. but the drought is terrible.. farming is fucked in half of Germany.

Pirata
Pirata

Back to top Go down

Post by UK AC Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:49 pm

Weather guy on ITV(one of the main tv stations) said there is a 38% chance that UK breaks its all time temperature record this Friday.

UK AC

Back to top Go down

Post by M9872367 Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:11 am

UK heatwave PHENOMENON: Stunning pictures show GLOWING blue seas in rare spectacle

UK's heatwave shows no signs of stopping, as temperatures are set to hit a blistering 42C over the next few days.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/993542/uk-heatwave-weather-wales-port-talbot-aberavon-beach-blue-plankton-pictures

M9872367

Back to top Go down

Post by UK AC Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:19 am

Wow, now that's something...

The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc. - Page 4 Latest?cb=20130618000829

UK AC

Back to top Go down

Post by UK AC Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:30 am

Wow, now that's something...

The blue sea plankton I mean.

The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc. - Page 4 W8-1ra16-2

UK AC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Badger Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:44 am

Guys, The Express is the very last place you should be going to for weather "news".

And Nathan Rao is a charlatan and a fearmonger, certainly not a weather forecaster.

The UK is expecting to draw up some continental storms towards the end of the week. And just like every year, I'll be out chasing the French imports. If it kicks off (and the GFS is currently consistent for thursday night / friday) there will be localised flooding and the spectacular lightshow that we always get with elevated mcs storms.

But this is quite normal and happens every year.

Yes, it's been a long, hot dry summer, and could rival 2003 in terms of heat, but there are far more reliable and reputable sources for severe weather than the bloody Express, which is a filthy, unregulated rag unworthy of wiping your arse with.

Unfortunately, even a busted clock is right twice a day.

Back to top Go down

Post by M9872367 Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:54 am

Yeah, we all know it is a bit tongue-in-cheek and maybe I should use a few more smileys Wink But then again it is quite unprecedented and many of us enjoy a good weather story and there are people really suffering. Personally, I love it and my living circumstances allow me to enjoy it, yet I've heard so many stories of people, for example, living in high-rises apartment blocks, who haven't been able to sleep for weeks due to stifling conditions. And any time it gets unusually hot or cold, then a number of people, old, young and vulnerable will die. I'm also well aware of the situation in other parts of the world such as Greece and Japan that others have posted on, I just post more about UK because I happen to live there. tongue

M9872367

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:06 am

Well, if I should judge here, by temperatures and number of pints of beer I'm drinking, thensurely it is hottest summer in history.

The Weather Thread - Hurricanes, Storms, Tsunamis, Earthquakes, Solar Storms, etc. - Page 4 1619689188

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Badger Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:14 am

M9872367 wrote:Yeah, we all know it is a bit tongue-in-cheek and maybe I should use a few more smileys Wink But then again it is quite unprecedented and many of us enjoy a good weather story and there are people really suffering. Personally, I love it and my living circumstances allow me to enjoy it, yet I've heard so many stories of people, for example, living in high-rises apartment blocks, who haven't been able to sleep for weeks due to stifling conditions. And any time it gets unusually hot or cold, then a number of people, old, young and vulnerable will die. I'm also well aware of the situation in other parts of the world such as Greece and Japan that others have posted on, I just post more about UK because I happen to live there. tongue

Well, I know I'm suffering, it's not easy being a fat bastard in this heat lol! The last time temps hit as high as they're predicted to this year, it was 2003 and I was 130 lbs lighter. But yes, there are people who are bound not to make it through this kind of weather.

The garden is just dead grass and the ground is cracked open like the Grand Canyon. It's the wildlife that concerns me: keeping a fresh supply of water out for the birds.

Grass fires are also a concern, I see many parts of Europe have suffered some big wildfires. We had one on the South Downs the other day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next