Zodlikeproductions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#18 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe

+11
H10
FoShizzle
Nuke68
ShockJock
boris
KneelB4Zod!
Zambeezi
Talos
Humanity Blows
The Original Mind
Mr Badger
15 posters

Page 27 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next

Go down

#18 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 27 Empty Re: #18 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe

Post by boris Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:56 pm

Live feed of Macron landing in Chad.... i think you know the photo to post ;-)
lol
http://www.reuters.tv/l/PNSn/2018/12/22/macron-lands-in-chad-to-visit-3-000-troops-stationed-there

“You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness.”
Terence McKenna
boris
boris

Back to top Go down

#18 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 27 Empty Re: #18 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe

Post by boris Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:57 pm

b wrote:Live feed of Macron landing in Chad.... i think you know the photo to post ;-)
lol
http://www.reuters.tv/l/PNSn/2018/12/22/macron-lands-in-chad-to-visit-3-000-troops-stationed-there

sorry, it just ended

“You are an explorer, and you represent our species, and the greatest good you can do is to bring back a new idea, because our world is endangered by the absence of good ideas. Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness.”
Terence McKenna
boris
boris

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:25 pm

"This is not a new world, it is simply an extension of what began in the old one. It has patterned itself after every dictator who has ever planted the ripping imprint of a boot on the pages of history since the beginning of time. It has refinements, technological advances, and a more sophisticated approach to the destruction of human freedom. But like every one of the super-states that preceded it, it has one iron rule: logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." - "The Obsolete Man" - The Twilight Zone, 1961

"I assure you, ladies and gentlemen that, very soon history will show that we and our allies have fought a war on behalf of the whole world against terrorism supported by governments that will be held accountable by its own people..."
Quoting Dostoyevsky:
"Rest assured, hell is big enough for all. It doesn't deserve this fierce competition over who will be the worst." - Dr. Bashar Jaafari, UNSC session, 22nd of February, 2018
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

http://zodlikeproductions.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Badger Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:31 pm

Already Happened
‏@M3t4_tr0n
24m24 minutes ago

(Reuters) - More than a dozen SU-27 and SU-30 fighter jets which Russia is deploying to boost its air force, amid heightened tensions with Ukraine, arrived in Crimea on Saturday. (Video 2xSu-30M2 testing new Belbek runway)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1076493955213283328

Back to top Go down

Post by FoShizzle Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:12 pm

Humanity Blows wrote:
KneelB4Zod! wrote:Ali Özkök - علي أزكوك
@Ozkok_
4 hod.
❗️Caught off guard, #Erdogan cautioned Trump against a hasty withdrawal, according to one official. #Turkey does not have the necessary forces mobilized on the border to move in and hold the large swaths of northeastern #Syria.❗️

https://apnews.com/ec2ed217357048ff998225a31534df12

Hey, I've got an idea, how about we let Syria take care of their own territory? I know, I know, it's crazy, but it's so crazy, it just might work! Rolling Eyes

#18 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 27 2713748720
FoShizzle
FoShizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by FoShizzle Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:15 pm

KneelB4Zod! wrote:
Talos wrote:
Brasco_Aad
@Brasco_Aad
-big-
The US Administration: ''President Bashar al Assad is the President of Syria and we are not seeking his departure anymore. We also accept that Iran will play a diplomatic role in the process aimed at achieving a political solution to end the nearly eight-year conflict''

Seems America admit Assad and Iran have won.

I was about to post this.

#18 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 27 HfACQxC

If true, it's a freaking miracle!
FoShizzle
FoShizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity Blows Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:29 pm

FoShizzle wrote:
KneelB4Zod! wrote:
Talos wrote:
Brasco_Aad
@Brasco_Aad
-big-
The US Administration: ''President Bashar al Assad is the President of Syria and we are not seeking his departure anymore. We also accept that Iran will play a diplomatic role in the process aimed at achieving a political solution to end the nearly eight-year conflict''

Seems America admit Assad and Iran have won.

I was about to post this.

#18 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 27 HfACQxC

If true, it's a freaking miracle!

The Assad Curse most likely helped, I'm sure. lol!

“I spent thirty-three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle-man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.”
Smedley D. Butler
Humanity Blows
Humanity Blows

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity Blows Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:33 pm

Mr Badger wrote:Already Happened
‏@M3t4_tr0n
24m24 minutes ago

(Reuters) - More than a dozen SU-27 and SU-30 fighter jets which Russia is deploying to boost its air force, amid heightened tensions with Ukraine, arrived in Crimea on Saturday. (Video 2xSu-30M2 testing new Belbek runway)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1076493955213283328

One thing's for sure, Russia wouldn't be doing this if they were expecting major trouble on it's borders with Ukraine.

“I spent thirty-three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle-man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.”
Smedley D. Butler
Humanity Blows
Humanity Blows

Back to top Go down

Post by Talos Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:49 pm

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
....going to be there for three months, and that was seven years ago - we never left. When I became President, ISIS was going wild. Now ISIS is largely defeated and other local countries, including Turkey, should be able to easily take care of whatever remains. We’re coming home!

Looks like Trump handed over responsibility to Turkey will Turkey work with Assad, Russia and Iran or annex the areas and hand it over to the FSA like in Afrin? Something doesn't feel right my gut tells me Israel and America are going to go after Hezbollah in Lebanon now they have lost in Syria.
Talos
Talos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Badger Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:23 pm

US envoy Brett McGurk quits over Trump Syria pullout

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46661384

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:24 pm

Wow, it's heating up in Paris. Cops on motorcycles flee from the furious protestrers:

"This is not a new world, it is simply an extension of what began in the old one. It has patterned itself after every dictator who has ever planted the ripping imprint of a boot on the pages of history since the beginning of time. It has refinements, technological advances, and a more sophisticated approach to the destruction of human freedom. But like every one of the super-states that preceded it, it has one iron rule: logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." - "The Obsolete Man" - The Twilight Zone, 1961

"I assure you, ladies and gentlemen that, very soon history will show that we and our allies have fought a war on behalf of the whole world against terrorism supported by governments that will be held accountable by its own people..."
Quoting Dostoyevsky:
"Rest assured, hell is big enough for all. It doesn't deserve this fierce competition over who will be the worst." - Dr. Bashar Jaafari, UNSC session, 22nd of February, 2018
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:28 pm

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Badger Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:06 pm

KneelB4Zod! wrote:

Excellent. Time for a coffee and a big bag of crisps

Back to top Go down

Post by Zambeezi Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:44 pm

#18 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 27 Wiki10

Back to top Go down

Post by Matjaz Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:35 pm

The Original Mind wrote:
Zambeezi wrote:The Inside Story Behind Trump's "Shocking" Withdrawal From Syria
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-21/inside-story-behind-trumps-decision-pull-us-troops-out-syria

In a report that essentially confirms what Secretary Mattis only insinuated in his letter of resignation, the Associated Press offered an account sourced from anonymous US and Turkish officials that appears to confirm all of President Trump's hawkish critics' worst fears about his landmark decision to withdraw US forces from Syria: Namely, that it was made seemingly on a whim, without consulting his national security team, during a phone call with Turkish leader Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

The play-by-play of the call, which was strenuously denied by White House officials, who implied that the account had been planted by Turkish agents who were seeking to undermine the president (though they neglected to specify which details in the account were untrue).

It began by explaining how Trump's aides had prepared detailed talking points for a Dec. 14 call with Erdogan. But Trump abandoned them shortly after it began after apparently being convinced by Erdogan's argument that ISIS had effectively been defeated, given that the once-powerful faction now controls less than 1% of its former territory.

Erdogan

The call had been set up by the NSC after Erdogan threatened to attack US-backed Kurdish troops in Northern Syria whom the Turkish leader accused of supporting the Kurdish independence movement in Turkey.

Trump's advisors had coached him to offer Erdogan a small concession, like holding territory on the Turkish-Syrian border. But after the call began, Erdogan put Trump on the defensive.

"The talking points were very firm," said one of the officials, explaining that Mr Trump was advised to clearly oppose a Turkish incursion into northern Syria and suggest the US and Turkey work together to address security concerns.

"Everybody said push back and try to offer (Turkey) something that’s a small win, possibly holding territory on the border, something like that."

Mr Erdogan, though, quickly put Mr Trump on the defensive, reminding him that he had repeatedly said the only reason for US troops to be in Syria was to defeat IS and that the group had been 99% defeated.

"Why are you still there?" the second official said Mr Erdogan asked Mr Trump, telling him that the Turks could deal with the remaining IS militants.

Erdogan swiftly persuaded the president to come around to Turkey's (admittedly reasonable) point of view: If ISIS had been defeated - and the US's primary objective for its incursion into Syria accomplished, then what were US troops still doing camped out on his boarder?

Mr Erdogan, though, quickly put Mr Trump on the defensive, reminding him that he had repeatedly said the only reason for US troops to be in Syria was to defeat IS and that the group had been 99% defeated.

"Why are you still there?" the second official said Mr Erdogan asked Mr Trump, telling him that the Turks could deal with the remaining IS militants.

The deciding factor came when Trump turned to National Security Advisor John Bolton to ask if what Erdogan was saying was true. Bolton then begrudgingly admitted that much, before trying to explain that US forces needed to remain in Syria to prevent a resurgence of ISIS (and to serve as a buffer between the Kurds and a massacre by Turkish troops.

When Trump agreed to Erdogan's suggestion that US troops withdraw, both Erdogan and Bolton were shocked, according to the AP'ssources. But in the following days, the president refused to be dissuaded.

With Mr Erdogan on the line, Mr Trump asked national security adviser John Bolton, who was listening in, why American troops remained in Syria if what the Turkish president was saying was true, according to the officials.

Mr Erdogan’s point, Mr Bolton was forced to admit, had been backed up by Mr Mattis, Mr Pompeo, US special envoy for Syria Jim Jeffrey and special envoy for the anti-IS coalition Brett McGurk, who have said that IS retains only 1% of its territory, the officials said.

Mr Bolton stressed, however, that the entire national security team agreed that victory over IS had to be enduring, which means more than taking away its territory.

Mr Trump was not dissuaded, according to the officials, who said the president quickly capitulated by pledging to withdraw, shocking both Mr Bolton and Mr Erdogan.

In the days since Trump's decision, national security hawks have warned that by withdrawing its troops, the US would effectively cede Syria to ISIS (or Russia, or some kind of Russia-ISIS hybrid). But the reality remains that the alternative advocated by many of Trump's critics (Mattis included) resembles another "forever war", where US troops remain in place not to fight an active enemy, but to ensure that an enemy never reemerges. US troops first arrived in Syria in 2015 about a year after the US began a campaign of airstrikes against ISIS targets in Iraq and Syria.

And how does one defeat an enemy that doesn't exist?

This is very reassuring. It suggests that Trump is amenable to facts, that he'll stand up to neocon interests, and that he genuinely doesn't want to waste American lives or money on pointless conflicts (to some degree).

But observe: if this is true, then Bolton et al have been hiding the reality of the Syrian situation from Trump. This entails that Trump's comments and policies regarding Syria have been made in a vacuum of information. Erdogan successfully pushed through the veil of lies the neocons have surrounded Trump with, and Trump did the right this.

There's at least a modicum of hope.

Maybe he is taking revenge on deep state cause they don't allow him to build the wall. Maybe he said to himself, okay you take my wall I take some of your pawns off the middle eastern board. Check mate.
Matjaz
Matjaz

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:15 pm

Syrian "revolution" in just one picture:

#18 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 27 DvCEu1GWwAAwc6j

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Badger Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:30 pm

Instant News Alerts
‏@InstaNewsAlerts
25m25 minutes ago

#Hamas test-fired a rocket from Rafah to the sea as escalation mounts. Some reports suggest the #Gaza factions may attempt rocket fire into #Israel as retribution for the deaths of the 4 rioters yesterday. Intense IDF aerial activity noted over the #Gaza Strip at this time.

https://twitter.com/InstaNewsAlerts/status/1076568886299058176

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:51 pm

KneelB4Zod! wrote:Wow, it's heating up in Paris. Cops on motorcycles flee from the furious protestrers:

Longer video:

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:53 pm

France...:

#18 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 27 DvDHz3rXcAEQxru

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:12 pm

Al-Masdar News
@TheArabSource
7 min.
#France allegedly promises to support #SDF after US military withdrawal https://aml.ink/Dp6mF #Kurds #Syria

#18 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 27 Ezgif_12

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:22 pm

Al-Masdar News
@TheArabSource
5 min.
Syrian Army sends large convoy to southern #Manbij as Turkish military prepares for offensive https://aml.ink/2KWWu #Syria #Turkey

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:23 pm

Deir Ezzor:

The'Nimr'Tiger
@Souria4Syrians
10 min.
Syrian Army deploying to Mayadin in Deir Ezzor for military operation against ISIS East of the Euphrates (first operation beyond US imposed Euphrates de-confliction line)

#18 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 27 DvA3894XQAAuAvm

Daraa:

Bosni
@Bosni94
9 min.
4 TOW missiles

#18 - Main news thread - conflicts, terrorism, crisis from around the globe - Page 27 DvCXlCQXcAE-OSy

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:23 pm

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:34 pm

Ali Özkök - علي أزكوك
@Ozkok_
4 min.
Boooom! US envoy Brett #McGurk quits over Trump #Syria pullout

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-us-canada-46661384?__twitter_impression=true

Ali Özkök - علي أزكوك
@Ozkok_
3 min.
The guy behind the US alignment with YPG leaves the office.

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:38 pm

Al-Masdar News
@TheArabSource
14 min.
#Turkey wont abandon S-400 sale for #US Patriot missiles: report https://aml.ink/6kzJK #Russia

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:43 pm

Al-Masdar News
@TheArabSource
3 min.
#US aircraft carrier enters Persian Gulf during #Iran's 'Great Prophet 12' military drills (video)

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:53 pm

zerohedge
@zerohedge
23 min
Putin Warns US Against 'Misadventures'

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-22/putin-warns-us-against-misadventures

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:54 pm

It looks like US debt will reach $22 trillion this year...

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:01 pm

Sudan:

Ali Özkök - علي أزكوك
@Ozkok_
2 min.
Sudan's National Intelligence and Security Services (NISS) chief Salah Gosh blamed the Israeli secret service Mossad for protests over the cost of bread

Qatari Al-Jazeera is in favor of protests as well afaik...

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KneelB4Zod! Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:10 am

Al-Masdar News
@TheArabSource
6 min.
At least 3 Syrian regions come under heavy attack on Saturday https://aml.ink/helsc #Syria

Quoting Dostoyevsky:
KneelB4Zod!
KneelB4Zod!
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 34 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 30 ... 34  Next